Monday 9 July 2012

WHIMBREL!

All quiet in the office on Friday afternoon - that was until Andy Musgrove came running through shouting "WHIMBREL!!" at the top of his voice! Whilst some colleagues grabbed bins, ran downstairs and dashed outside, I opted to stay on the first floor, open the window, climb on the windowsill and stick my head out as far as I dared. Fortunately I made the right choice, as I managed to catch 3 rounds of flight calls from my elevated position: Whimbrel (155) OML!

NB: To keep things interesting (for me), I've decided that Black-tailed Godwit and Red-crested Pochard ought to be included as annual in my 15km radius, so my target moves up to 157...


Percentage of target to date - 99%
Distance cycled - 465.8mls / 749.6km
Latest addition - Whimbrel (155) 6 July

No comments:

Post a Comment